Going into your local shops and the beauty section can seem overwhelming. Floor to ceiling shelves of brightly coloured brushes, combs, pins and accessories. You just want a brush that you can trust to detangle your hair and keep it looking its best, but you don’t know where to start.
It can be difficult to separate the bad from the good in such a crowded market: a common problem across the board in these modern times. At Tangle Angel we believe everyone deserves a good hair day, every day, which is why we are here to unscramble the confusing world of haircare. Helped by our founder, award-winning hairdresser Richard Ward, and a team of scientists dedicated to furthering the cause of great hair and help you decide which hair brush you should use.
Everyone’s hair is different, that’s what we love about being in the world of hair care. Whether you’re a curly girl, a straight Sally or have bouncy beach waves, you deserve a hair brush that makes you look and feel your best. Read on to find out which brush could be right for you.
What is a detangling brush?
It can be easy to be inundated with the variety of brushes available nowadays. In every shop there’s rows and rows all claiming different purposes! Well, a detangling brush should be a staple in every beauty toolkit, no matter what your hair is like. Tangles in your hair are annoying at best and painful at worst. We have developed an incredible range of detangling brushes to help ease your pain and make the process of styling your locks pain-free and simple.
Detangling brushes differ from other types as they are specifically designed for hair that’s prone to knots and tangles. Detangling brushes are designed with flexible bristles that can glide through your hair, gently releasing knots without pulling. This makes for a less stressful, pain-free detangling process.
What should you consider when choosing a hair brush?
There are so many hair brushes around, and everyone’s hair is different so it’s not necessarily a one-size fits all situation. There are a number of factors to consider before buying your next hair brush depending on what you need and what your hair is like.
- Size: Will your new brush be living in your bathroom - or will you want to take it places so that you can detangle on the go? If so, you’ll be wanting one that’s compact and light enough that you can pop it into your bag without a second thought.
- Hair type: Everyone’s hair is different, from fine and thick to wavy, kinky and curly. You’ll be wanting one that’s right for your hair type to keep your hair looking its best. At Tangle Angel we have developed ranges of brushes suitable for all sorts of hair types - because we understand that everyone is individual!
- Aesthetics: We believe that hair tools can and should be beautiful and useful, why compromise on design? If it’s going to stand on your dresser or be in your bag, you will want to love the way it looks and feels. At Tangle Angel we have a huge range of designs and colours of hair brush to choose from so you can show off your style when you’re styling your hair.
- Wet or dry: Depending on your hair type, you may brush your hair when it’s wet, dry, or both. You want to be able to rely on your brush whether you’re at the pool, on the beach or on the go! Make sure you choose a brush that’s water-resistant so you can rely on it wherever you are and whenever you need it.
What to look for in a good hair brush
There are so many brushes out there it’s hard to separate the bad from the good! Here’s a couple of things to look out for in a good quality, salon-ready brush.
- Flexible bristles: Bristles that don’t move won’t move with your hair, causing snagging and pulling and an all-around stressful hair brushing experience. Look for brushes with bristles that move and flex with your strands.
- Good quality material: You know what they say: buy cheap, buy twice. Cheap materials don’t last and you will end up with a substandard product. At Tangle Angel we use only the highest quality plastic so your brush will last and last. What’s more, we are also expanding our Re:born range of brushes which are made from fully recycled materials.
- Ergonomic design: If you have long or thick hair, you will know how uncomfortable it can be holding a brush for long periods of time. Hello, hand cramp! Brushes with ergonomic designs such as the Tangle Angel range are comfortable to hold no matter how long you use them for.
The Tangle Angel Family
The experts at Tangle Angel have spent years developing an incredible range of brushes to ensure there’s one for everyone. Here are just a few:
The Angel 2.0 is built on the foundations of our iconic Angel design, It’s designed for both heavenly detangling and everyday brushing. The beauty of the angel wing design combined with our revolutionary anti-static technology makes this a fantastic choice for a whole variety of hair types.
The shape of the brush has evolved as well as the technology, with a rubberised base and lengthened handle for even greater control while brushing. It comes in a collection of stunning colours so you can pick your favourite.
The Re:born Xtreme was designed with kinky and coily haired ladies in mind. This is a large detangling paddle brush with Memory-Flex® bristles which help reduce stress on both the hair and scalp while brushing. What’s more, it’s also suitable for use on extensions and weaves.
Tangle Angel is proud to work hard on our sustainability goals. Every brush in our Re:born range is made from recycled plastic. Both the brush and its packaging can then be recycled at the end of its life.
Made for those who dare to be different. The Rebel is the ultimate accessory for those with attitude. This skull-shaped hair brush is a multi-purpose tool for detangling and styling, incorporating our iconic multi-flex bristles with an edgy, gothic shape.
It also features Biomaster antibacterial protection to help keep frizz and flyaways at bay. No wonder it won Best Detangling Brush in the Marie Claire Hair Awards 2021 - this brush is ideal for all kinds of hair from wavy to fine.
What sets Tangle Angel apart? Our unique technology...
Ex-Static Anti Static Strip: The bristles in our brushes contain anti-static additives which we embed into the plastic. This allows for any static that is present in the hair to be ‘earthed’ when your hand comes into contact with the strip, which helps to reduce frizz and pesky flyaways keeping your hair looking sleek and shiny.
Memory-Flex Bristles: These unique bristles move with the strands of hair rather than against them. This means they can glide effortlessly through knots and tangles and reduce the amount of stress on the hair and scalp. They then return to their original position when not in use.
Water Resistant: Depending on your hair type and routine, you may want to brush your hair when it’s wet or dry. Our brushes are water-resistant, so you can use them whenever you like, even to distribute shampoo and conditioning treatments.
Lengthened Handle: A selection of our brushes have a lengthened handle, which allows for effortless detangling, and is ideal for those with especially long locks. You also have the option to hold around the wings for more precision - the choice is yours!
Heat resistant to 120°c: Other brushes on the market will lose their shape when exposed to high temperatures, but not ours. Tangle Angel brushes are heat resistant up to 120°c so you can use with your hair dryer in the confidence they will stand up to the test.
Now you should be equipped with the knowledge to choose the right hair brush for you. Whether you’ve got straight hair or you’re a curly girl, you deserve to have a great hair day every day and you can do that if you have the right tools. The world of hair brushes can be confusing, but not when you have advice from experts such as our team here at Tangle Angel. If you would like to chat to one of our hair experts, don’t hesitate to get in touch!
Frequently Asked Questions
Which is better: a comb or a brush?
It is not a one size fits all solution when it comes to hair styling tools. Wide tooth combs are ideal for distributing conditioner. Our detangling brushes are perfect for all sorts of scenarios thanks to the technology we have developed here at Tangle Angel HQ. Find out more about how to brush your hair in our recent blog post.