OUR BLOG POSTS
17 May 2019
Tangle Angel’s Top 10 Wedding Hair Tips!
With wedding season approaching many brides will be planning last minute touches to make their day perfect. They need planning tips, decoration ideas the list goes on but more importantly the bride’s hair!
Tangle Angel has put together our top 10 wedding hair tips just to make planning your day that little bit easier.
• Start prepping your hair with deep conditioning treatments – both in-salon and at home – at least 6 months before the wedding so it’s in tip-top condition for the big day.
• Take inspiration from everywhere – magazines, Pinterest, catwalks – and make a collage of your favourite looks so you have a variety to choose from.
• Try out lots of different styles at your hair trial and take photos so you can look back and choose your favourites.
• If you want to create the illusion of longer, thicker hair, use clip-in hair pieces – they’re versatile and easy to use, and you don’t have to wait months for your hair to grow!
• Remember your hair must work with your dress neckline – bring a photo of your dress to your hair trial so your hairdresser knows what type of style they are working with.
• Complement an intricate up-do with beautiful delicate accessories or a tiara rather than a veil, as this could hide or weigh it down.
• Bring any hair pieces, veils or accessories to your hair trial to make sure they work perfectly with the look you have chosen for maximum impact on the day.
• Don’t have any major colour appointments too close to the wedding – have your last full appointment about 4 weeks in advance and touch up with a semi-permanent gloss or vegetable colour in-salon just before the big day to really refresh your look.
On the day:
• If you’ve chosen an updo or structured curls, wash your hair the day before to give it more grip – freshly washed locks can be harder to style and keep in place, and can drop more easily; spritz some dry shampoo into the roots for extra volume and texture.
• Keep a small bottle of hairspray, pins and a comb with your chief bridesmaid for any last-minute touch-ups, to ensure your hair stays looking perfect for photos even after a long day of dancing!
Richard’s top product recommendations:
• The Chelsea Collection Argan Hairspray, £5.99
• The Chelsea Collection Argan Elixir, £5.99
• L’Oreal Professionnel tecni.art Super Dust, £13
• The Chelsea Collection Argan 10-in-1, £5.99
Here are some of Tangle Angel’s favourite bridal hair looks: