OUR BLOG POSTS
24 Jul 2019
Holiday Hair Care
Did you know that your hair needs just as much protection as your skin on holiday? Summer getaways can wreak havoc on your locks – let Tangle Angel be your holiday hair saviour! Our Tangle Angel Pro range is perfect for detangling both wet and dry hair; with scientifically developed blade-shaped bristles, it will give you silky-smooth locks and can help limit potential damage from sun, sea, chlorine and saltwater.
Here are some of Tangle Angel’s pre-holiday and beach hair trips to help you get through summer 2019.
• Get your hair ready by having a good trim with your regular stylist so your ends aren’t spindly and damaged. Remember, split ends need to be cut off before they travel further up the hair shaft.
• Invest in some SPF hair products to protect your hair from frazzling in the sun – chat about which ones will work best with your stylist (i.e. gel, spray or cream).
• Your stylist may recommend having a course of intensive conditioning treatments if your hair is weak or damaged. In-salon treatments are much more effective and worth investing in to get your hair back into great condition.
• Go through some quick beach looks with your stylist and invest in some easy, pretty accessories to experiment with.
• In general, we recommend your colour is done two weeks before your holiday so it has time to ‘settle’ and still looks good while you’re away. Once you’re back, your colour will likely need a touch up and any colour fade can be treated.
On the beach
• Multi-task by using beach time as conditioning time – use a light spray on, leave-in conditioner and carry it in your beach bag to tame frizz.
• Don’t go to the beach styled to death – ditch the straighteners and work with your hair in its natural state. Try to get rid of your daily styling habit as it only adds to potential damage.
• Mid-lengths and ends are more ‘aged’ and therefore more likely to be damaged – try to wear longer hair tucked up in a chignon or sleek top knot to help prevent exposure to sunlight.
• Plaiting is great as it only leaves the healthier root area exposed.
• Wear a hat or use a sun protect product with SPF – your hair can get as damaged as your skin from the sun.
• Coloured or chemically treated hair is more sensitised and prone to damage and colour-fade so protection with a hat or SPF is vital.
• Scalps burn too! A red, sunburnt scalp is not a good look and partings often get forgotten in the sun. Try and comb hair straight back and put up so you avoid a painful red, sun-scorched scalp!
• A detangling brush is a must on holiday! We recommend our Tangle Angel Pro Compact – it’s a beach bag essential and is perfect for detangling wet and dry hair and quick touch ups on the go. Antibacterial additives are embedded in the plastic making the brush ultra-hygienic, and it’s water resistant – ideal for using in the shower when conditioning your hair or by the pool / on the beach.